(Orland Township, IL – Sept. 18, 2019) – Orland Township is providing residents with numerous opportunities to get their seasonal flu shot at Township clinics in October and November, according to the office of Township Supervisor Paul O’Grady.
From October 2 through November 13, flu shots will be available every Monday and Wednesday at the Township office, 14807 S. Ravinia Ave., Orland Park, from 3 to 6 p.m. The only exception is Monday, October 14, when the office will be closed in observance of Columbus Day.
Additionally, the Township will be at the following locations to administer flu shots:
- Sunday, Oct. 6, 8 a.m. to Noon – St. Michael’s Church, 14327 Highland Ave., Orland Park
- Sunday Oct. 13, 8 a.m. to Noon – St. Francis of Assisi Church, 15050 Wolf Rd., Orland Park
- Sunday, Oct. 27, 8 a.m. to Noon – St. Elizabeth Seton Catholic Church, 9300 W. 167th St., Orland Hills
- Sunday, Oct. 27, 8 a.m. to Noon – St. Stephen Deacon & Martyr Church, 17500 84th Ave., Tinley Park
Orland Township will also hold its convenient Drive-Thru Flu Clinic on Saturday, October 26, from 9 a.m. to noon at the Township office, 14807 S. Ravinia Ave. Individuals attending the drive-thru clinic are asked to wear a short-sleeved shirt. After receiving their flu shot at the drive-thru clinic, residents will be treated to a complimentary donut and cup of coffee.
“Orland Township is happy to be able to provide so many opportunities for residents to get their seasonal flu shot,” said Supervisor O’Grady. “I hope everyone takes advantage of our clinics to do their best to stay well during the upcoming flu season.”
The following flu vaccines will be available at the Township clinics:
Fluarix Quadrivalent – $40
- For individuals 3 year of age and older
- Protects against four different flu viruses
- Preservative free
- Medicaid (Title 19) card holders can receive the flu vaccine only at a Township monthly immunization clinic
Flublok Quadrivalent – $40
- For individuals 18 years of age and older
- 100 percent egg-free
- Highly purified and preservative free
- Three times more antigens than traditional flu vaccine
Fluzone High-Dose – $55
- For individuals 65 and older
- Preservative free
- Orland Township will bill Medicare for individuals with Medicare Part B – please bring proof of insurance.
- Individuals with a Medicare Advantage Plan or a Retiree Plan may be able to submit the vaccine receipt for reimbursement – check your policy for details.
Pneumonia vaccines will also be available for adults 18 years of age and older. Pneumonia vaccines vary in price from $100 to $195, depending on the vaccine administered; insurance is not accepted for pneumonia vaccines.
Individuals should contact their healthcare provider prior to attending to find out which vaccines are best for them.
Orland Township Flu Clinics are all walk-in, no appointment necessary, for anyone 3 years of age and older.
Cash or credit card only at clinics at the Township office; cash only at church clinics.
Call Orland Township’s Health Services department at (708) 403-4222 for more information. Click here to view the Flu Shot Clinic Flyer.