Get your students ready for school by attending Orland Township’s Back to School Health Fair on July 13th. Immunizations, physicals, and other health screenings will be available at this one-day event, according to the office of Orland Township Supervisor Paul O’Grady.
Admission to the health fair is free. School physicals (sports and health) will be available for $35 for Township residents ($45 for non-residents) and proof of residency required.
Free services include:
- Dental screenings by Ideal Dental Concepts
- Dermatology/Acne consultations by Sheth Dermatology
- Scoliosis Screenings by Gavin Scoliosis & Spine Center, Dr. Thomas Gavin
- Haircuts by Salon Evangelos
There will be plenty of activities to entertain students during the Back to School Health Fair, including:
- Orland Park Cub Scout pack 372
- Dee De the Clown
- School Bus Safety presented by American Bus Company
- CPR and choking education provided by the Orland Fire Protection District
- A.R.E. information presented by the Orland Park Police Department
There will be games and prizes, face painting and free giveaways from many local vendors. Additionally, qualifying families can sign up to receive school supplies from the Orland Township Food Pantry.
Immunizations will be available for those who meet the following requirements:
- Must have an up-to-date U.S. immunization record
- Live in Orland Township (proof of residency required)
- Medicaid Title XIX (19) (*Please note: Orland Township no longer accepts Medicaid Title XXI (21))
- Native American or Alaska Native
- No Insurance
- Underinsured (insurance does not cover vaccines – must show insurance policy)
(Anyone who meets the above requirements will be charged a $10 administration fee per vaccine ($20 administration fee per vaccine for non-Township residents) – cash or credit only.
“This time of year becomes very hectic for already busy parents and children,” said Supervisor O’Grady. “I encourage Orland Township parents to take advantage of our Back to School Health Fair and get as much done from their back-to-school checklist as possible.”
The Orland Township Back to School Health Fair will take place on Saturday, July 13, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., at the Orland Township Offices, 14807 S. Ravinia Ave., Orland Park. Admission is free and no appointments are necessary or accepted – students will be seen on a first come, first served basis. To view the event flyer, please click here. For more information please call the office at (708) 403-4222.