Get your students ready for school by attending Orland Township’s Back to School Health Fair on July 28th. Immunizations, physicals, and other health screenings will be available at this one-day event, according to the office of Orland Township Supervisor Paul O’Grady.
Admission to the health fair is free. School physicals (sports and health) will be available for $25 for Township residents ($35 for non-residents) and proof of residency required.
Free services include:
- Dental screenings by Ideal Dental Concepts
- Dermatology / acne consultations by Skin, MD
- Haircuts by Salon Evangelos
There will be plenty of activities to entertain students during the Back to School Health Fair, including:
- Home Depot Kid Zone where students can build a free project with the Home Depot Team and then take it home
- School Bus Safety presented by American Bus Company
- Bike safety information from Orland Park Cyclery
- CPR and choking education provided by the Orland Fire Protection District
- D.A.R.E. information presented by the Orland Park Police Department
Additionally, there will be games and prizes, face painting and free giveaways from many local vendors. Qualifying families will have the opportunity to sign up for school supplies from the Orland Township Food Pantry.
Free immunizations will be available for those who meet the following requirements:
- Must have an up-to-date U.S. immunization record
- Live in Orland Township (proof of residency required)
- Medicaid Title XIX (19)
- Native American or Alaska Native
- No Insurance
- Underinsured (insurance does not cover vaccines – must show insurance policy)
(Anyone who meets the above requirements but lives outside of Orland Township will be charged a $20 administration fee per vaccine – cash or credit only. Orland Township no longer accepts Medicaid Title XXI (21).)
“This time of year becomes very hectic for already busy parents and children,” said Supervisor O’Grady. “I encourage Orland Township parents to take advantage of our Back to School Health Fair and get as much done from their back-to-school checklist as possible.”
The Orland Township Back to School Health Fair will take place on Saturday, July 28, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., at the Orland Township Office, 14807 S. Ravinia Ave., Orland Park. Admission is free and no appointments are necessary or accepted – students will be seen on a first come, first served basis. Please click here to view the Back to School Health Fair flyer. For more information please call the office at (708) 403-4222.