Orland Township Supervisor Paul O’Grady invites area seniors to visit the Township Office during May to take part in the month-long celebration of Older Americans Month.
Specially themed drop-in days and free fitness classes are just a few of the events that will encourage seniors to “Connect, Create and Contribute,” the 2019 theme of Older Americans Month.
The Township will host a Senior Health Fair on Tuesday, May 7, from 9 a.m. until noon at the Township Office, 14807 S. Ravinia Ave., Orland Park.
The first 50 attendees will receive a free gift bag. The health fair is free and some of the featured services include:
- FREE Blood Pressure Checks
- FREE Cholesterol Tests (must make appointment)
- FREE Blood Glucose Test (requires 2 hr. fasting)
- FREE Hearing Screenings (Orland Hearing Aid Center)
- Discounted Adult Vaccines (must make appointment)
- Medicare Counseling
To schedule an appointment for a cholesterol test or vaccines during the health fair please call the Township at (708) 403-4222.
Local organizations will be on site with giveaways, raffle prizes and senior related information. Those scheduled to attend include:
- Anatomy Physical Fitness
- Brannigan Chiropractic
- CapTel (captioned telephone service)
- CIBC Bank
- Cook County Sheriff’s Senior Services
- Cook County Health and Hospital System
- CVS Pharmacy
- Frankfort Counseling Associates
- Home for Life
- Illinois Attorney General’s Office
- Illinois State Treasurer
- Orland Fire Protection District
- Orland Park Police Department
- Right at Home
- Running for Kicks
- Sam’s Club
- Trader Joe’s
- Visiting Angels
- Waterford Estates
“Today’s seniors are active adults who keep busy by participating in a variety of activities,” said Supervisor O’Grady. “Orland Township is proud to host many programs that keep our seniors active and engaged.”
For more information on programs and events being held at Orland Township during Older Americans Month, please call (708) 403-4222.