Senior Transportation Coordinator: Betty Fugger
Phone: (708) 403-4222
Orland Township provides curb-to-curb service to seniors, ages 55 and older, that live within the boundaries of Orland Township. Transportation is available to shopping areas, senior centers and other service providers within Orland Township. Transportation to medical appointments outside Orland Township boundaries may also be arranged. Transportation service is available Monday through Friday from 8:15 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Local rides (including medical rides) within the Township are $6 per person for a round trip. Medical rides outside of the Township are $10 per person for a round trip.
To make a reservation, call (708) 403-4222 between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. Monday through Friday. When calling to schedule a ride, have the following passenger information available:
- ID number, name, address, and phone number
- Number of persons traveling
- Date of the trip
- The exact street address (and building entrance) of each location (pick-up and drop-off)
- For doctor visits or other scheduled appointments, provide appointment time, length of visit, doctor name, address and phone
You may schedule unlimited rides for medical appointments up to one month in advance. All other requests for transportation may be scheduled up to one week in advance. Two non-medical rides per week may be scheduled. A 48-hour advance notice is required for non-medical requests.
If you have special needs, please inform the Transportation Department when scheduling your ride. All clients must be independently mobile. As our vehicles are not wheelchair accessible, persons not entirely mobile will need to provide their own escort for assistance.
Please note, Orland Township is closed the following days for holiday observance and no transportation services will be available:
- Wednesday, January 1, 2020 (New Year’s Day)
- Monday, January 20, 2020 (Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day)
- Monday, February 17, 2020 (Presidents’ Day)
- Friday, April 10, 2020 (Spring Holiday)
- Monday, May 25, 2020 (Memorial Day)
- Friday, July 3, 2020 (Independence Day)
- Monday, September 7, 2020 (Labor Day)
- Monday, October 12, 2020 (Columbus Day)
- Thursday, November 26, 2020 (Thanksgiving)
- Friday, November 27, 2020 (Thanksgiving)
- Thursday, December 24, 2020 (Christmas Eve)
- Friday, December 25, 2020 (Christmas Day)
- Thursday, December 31, 2020 (New Year’s Eve)
- Friday, January 1, 2021 (New Year’s Day)